Wednesday, March 3, 2010

What a manly man!

As for doing manly things; ie. hunting, fishing, mechanics, I do pretty much none of them. This doesn't help my 'Mr Mom' occupational styling! I always want to come across as a man even though I have a distinctly feminine job. Thats why I took on the most manly of chores yesterday. I did some basic maintenance on the car. Oh yes, I changed the oil, I replaced the oil and air filters and I even took on the task of changing the front brake pads! Now the last of these tasks I would not tackle blind so I enlisted the help of my Russian friend. He is basically a source of knowledge on pretty much anything and when it comes to cars, he knows it all.

So after a couple of hours my hands were dirtied and even my jeans have oil stains, I fought back and regained some 'man' points. Maybe next week I will shoot something, fry it, then devour. Who knows??

No comments:

Post a Comment