Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The grass is never greener...well maybe it is!

These four walls feel like a prison sometimes...no matter how many playgrounds you go to, no matter how many times you go to the zoo, no matter how many story times you attend, these four walls seem to get taller and taller.

I was talking to Hil this morning about how she has to remember that no matter how horrible her job can be it could be worse...she could be stuck at home. Then in the next moment I thought to myself, no matter how bad being stuck at home can be...it could be worse, I could have to go to work!

I'm trying to be a more positive person. I was reading an article the other day on how 'easy' it is to be cynical. Seeing only the negative is a really quick way to protect oneself from mistakes. If you trust in actions or ideals you could be wrong! It could end up that you tried and failed....well guess what, its OK to fail. I knew this before (obviously) but never really believed it. Experiencing Kasias first years has shown me that the start she gets will significantly impact her view on the world, will she succeed in life? Who knows? But I want to give her a positive outlook, something I have been lacking for many years.

I am even trying to put this new positive attitude towards some personal pet peeves that I have. I happen to have a well documented hatred of people chewing food with their mouths open. Now, I am acutely aware of the fact that this is rude and socially unpleasant for most people but my reaction to it is WAY off! I would quite literally stab someone for doing it! I despise the sound it makes and really everything about it makes me want to puke. Having said this, I am trying to be better. I put this new found acceptance down to being a parent. All kids seem to have the uncanny ability to annoy their parents, Kasia is no different. When she drinks she guzzles and guzzles until its gone and then spends the next twenty minutes hiccuping and burping because she drank too fast, this isn't the most annoying part for me. The worse bit is the sippy cup curse! The cups have this high pitched squeal sound that comes out of the lid when the drink is being consumed....this drives me nuts! I literally sweat when shes drinking, I clench my fists and have a full mental break down over this noise. I say this now, but I control it. I just sweat my way through and pray that it passes quickly. Mind you that doesn't excuse adults from learning how to eat and drink....sort it out people!!

OK, rant over. Yet again, a blog entry full of random nothingness. Off to story time soon, yay...another hour of being ignored by over protective mothers. Yippee....

No comments:

Post a Comment